- if you run on Windows, from your Windows "Start" menu ("All programs / b2een") or using the b2een icon shortcut on your Windows desktop:
- if you run on Mac, from your "Applications" folder or directly from your Dock, if you have added b2een to it
The following pop-up window appears:
|On Windows||On Mac OSX
You shall enter a b2een Master Password of your own. Note that this password is used to encrypt data on the disk. It is not communicated to Amalto. It cannot be reset nor resent to you. If you were to lose or forget it, you would have to configure b2een again (subscription to communities, invitation to trading partners…).
If you or your company use a proxy to access the Internet, you may click on the "Use proxy" check-box and enter your proxy settings:
| On Windows
|| On Mac OSX
After you have keyed in your b2een Master Password and clicked on OK, b2een opens a window in your Internet browser and display the following login page:
After you have logged in, you access the b2een user interface and are asked to register.
Following this registration step, you will be able to subscribe to communities and invite trading partners.
Here is some advice to enter the required information in this screen:
- The "b2een Member Unique ID" and the "Display Name" can be the same. The Display Name can be changed later on, whereas the Unique ID is defined once for all and cannot be modified.
- Company name and address will be visible in the directories of the b2een Communities you will be part of
- Name and contact information are "Private Data" (not visible to other users). It is only used by the application and the administrator to communicate with you.
- The web interface password can be changed (or you can leave the default one, which is the same as your Master Password). It should contain at least 5 characters. Note: the b2een Master Password defined above and this password serve different purposes. You can choose to have the same or a different password for both.
Once you have clicked on "Register", you registration is processed and the following pop-up is displayed:
Check your mailbox. You shall receive a message from Amalto, with your b2een registration number (see example below).
Enter or copy/paste your Agreement Number and click on "OK" (see example below).
The registration server then processes your request and informs you when registration is completed:
Click on "OK". You automatically access the "Communities" tab of the b2een User Interface, which enables you to subscribe to communities.
The next step is then to subscribe to the OnGeT Community.